ACCESSIBILITY STANDARDS FOR PROJECTS
- The Clarico Group is committed to providing accessible, quality service to persons with disabilities in a manner that promotes respect, dignity, independence, equal opportunity and integration.
- The Clarico Groups hall make available its services to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service prescribed under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
- The Clarico Group has adopted a written policy entitled Accessibility Standards for Projects (hereinafter, “Policy”).
- All staff, contractors, volunteers and any other person or entity, providing services for or on behalf of The Clarico Group (hereinafter, “CG Service Providers”) shall do so in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Policy.
- Management shall be responsible for ensuring that all services within their department(s) or practice group(s) are provided in accordance with the Policy and this Plan.
- Human Resources shall maintain a copy of the Policy and shall cause to have the Policy reviewed and revised from time to time to maintain it is current with the prescribed Accessibility Standards for Customer Service.
C. PUBLIC AWARENESS
- The Clarico Group shall post a copy of the document on the www.claricogroup.com (being a copy of the Policy) as amended from to time to time, in a conspicuous location where it will come to the attention of members of the public.
- To create awareness and to ensure compliance with the Policy and the Accessibility Standards for Projects, The Clarico Group shall ensure that all CG Service Providers receive training as soon as practicable on the Policy and the Accessibility Standards for Projects and on an ongoing basis as changes occur to the Policy and/or to the Accessibility Standards for Projects.
- The Clarico Group has developed written training materials (hereinafter, “Training Materials”) set out its practices and procedures in its provision of services to persons with disabilities. Human Resources shall maintain a copy of the Training Materials and shall cause to have the Training Materials reviewed and revised from time to time to maintain them current with best practices and with the Accessibility Standards for Projects.
- All CG Service Providers shall receive training on the Policy, which shall include receiving a copy of the Training Materials and completing the sign off sheet contained therein prior to the end of March 2013.
- New CG Service Providers hired and/or otherwise retained after the end of March 2013 shall receive training on the Policy, including receiving a copy of the Training Materials, as soon as is practicable given their duties and responsibilities.
- Without limiting the generality of paragraphs 10 and 11 above, the training contemplated herein shall include:
a) a review of the purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005;
b) a review of the requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service as prescribed under the Act;
c) instructions on The Clarico Group’s Policy and its procedures and practices pertaining to the provision of services to persons with disabilities, as set out in the Training Materials;
d) how to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
e) what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing The Clarico Group services;
f) how to interact with persons with disabilities who use assistive devices or who require the assistance of a support person or service animal; and
g) information about equipment or devices available on The Clarico Group premises that may help with the provisions of services to persons with disabilities.
- Human Resources shall cause written training records to be maintained, indicating the date on which training was completed.
E. COMMUNICATIONS AND AVAILABILITY OF DOCUMENTS
- All documents required under the Accessibility Standards for Projects, including the Policy, Training Materials, training records, notices, feedback records and this Plan, shall be made available to members of the public upon written request.
- When providing any documentation to a person with a disability, The Clarico Group shall do so in a manner and a format that takes into account the person’s disability.
- Materials and publications produced by The Clarico Group should include a statement indicating that the material and/or publication “is available in an alternative format upon request.”
- If requested, an alternate format shall be provided in a manner in which is agreed upon between the requester and The Clarico Group, and which takes into account the person’s disability (e.g. audio recordings, electronic copies).
- The Clarico Group is committed to continuous improvement. To this end, anyone who wishes to provide any feedback about how to provide services to a person with a disability and/or improve the Policy, Training Materials and/or this Plan may do so by contacting Human Resources at the addresses noted in paragraph 20 below or completing the feedback form online at www.claricogroup.com
- All feedback shall be acknowledged by Human Resources, in writing. Any action taken as a result of feedback should be communicated to the person as soon as possible.
G. QUESTIONS, COMPLIMENTS OR COMPLAINTS
- Anyone with questions, concerns, compliments or complaints about the Policy, Training Materials or Plan may contact Human Resources in person, in writing, by e‐mail, by telephone or online (at www.claricogroup.com)
The Clarico Group
1842 Queen Street East, Suite 203
Toronto, ON M4L 1H1
The Clarico Group will acknowledge your questions, concerns compliments and complaints and will provide a written response, together with its findings, within fourteen (14) business days of receiving your correspondence.
- This Accessibility Standards for Projects Plan is available in an alternative format, upon request, to accommodate a person with a disability.